Saturday, January 26, 2013

Focusing on Life ~ Create Art

On Monday I did a horribly irresponsible thing and went Here.  It was 50 shades of Awesome and much needed for relaxation before the next big project.

Last year I formed a relationship with and began creating beads for Rachel's Cure By Design.   It has been and continues to be a joy to work with these folks, and if you didn't take time to check out their beautiful designs now is as good a time as any.  The quality of jewelry is top notch, but it is the end goal of raising awareness and pursuing a cure that makes my heart smile with every production bead I make.

My Focusing on Life task this week involves glass...and lots of it.  It arrived on Wednesday afternoon and because I got a late start Thursday in finding my rhythm, I pulled an all nighter.   It is Friday afternoon now, and after having been at it a few hours today I thought I'd take stock and see where I am numbers wise.

240 beads in, with half that amount already cleaned and strung.  Is it terribly egotistical to nominate, elect, and crown myself queen of beadassery?  Because I just did.  Because two hundred and forty beads in a day and a half is two hundred and forty beads in a day and a half.



These were designed for a very special collaborative project RCBD has been asked to participate in, but because I'm not sure if I am at liberty to divulge I'll leave it at that.  Suffice to say that I am both honored and excited to play even a small role in the project.

Art with Meaning, y'all.  There's nothing better.


~~




No comments:

Post a Comment