Mama: Let me know what you think of the banana pudding ~ I used a secret ingredient this time.
Me: Woah! It is really really good, but I'm not picking up on the secret ingredient.
Bro: So what is it, mom?
Mom: Banana.
Me&Bro (sharing a concerned look): ...
Mama: EXTRACT. Banana extract.
~
Christmas Eve was very special and a little bit sad for us this year. Y'all know my Grandaddy passed in April, leaving my Nana alone in a house big enough to contain my awesomely giant southern family for the holidays where we've had our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for longer than I've been alive. Nana's not been doing well in recent months. Age is finally starting to get the best of her and she's not really able to be alone. We have been taking turns staying with her but the time has come to figure out a more permanent solution, and Nana has decided to go live with my Aunt in TN. I've caught myself crying a few times over the weekend because while I am so very grateful for 40 years of tradition and memories, it is not easy to accept the inevitable end. It has been a beautiful run, and none of us could have asked for better.
~
The time has also come for me to take a few steps forward myself. I love Alabama and it will always be home in a certain sense of the word, but it is not where I want to spend the rest of my days. So on January 3rd I am getting on a plane to go check out another state. A far away state on pretty much a different planet that has been visiting my dreams for several years. I'm equal parts nervous and excited, but isn't that always the way of it when starting over? God is opening doors I've been staring hard at even though I have no idea what is on the other side, and I'm way too stubborn not to walk through them.
So I am having an End of Year Clearance Sale on all OOAK jewelry and Julsbeads listed at StudioJuls. EVERYTHING is 25% off, and I will be adding listings throughout the week. The sale ends on 12/31 so that I can get everything shipped before I head to Oregon.
Yes. I said Oregon. Which sounds like a lovely word for a coupon code, so let's use it, k?
25% off every purchase
Coupon Code: OREGON
Sale ends 12/31.
Thank you for your love, friendship and support of my work this year.
I couldn't follow my heart without you.
~~
No comments:
Post a Comment